More on Connor and Colby!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

4 months

Dear Connor,

Today marks 4 months since Mommy and Daddy said goodbye to you.  4 months since your funeral.  4 months since we last kissed your cheek, stroked you hair, and saw your smile.

4 months have been both long and short.  We miss you every day, but we know you're here.  We know you're helping your baby brother get stronger every day.  We know you're there guiding Colby.  You're the best big brother he could ask for and for that we're so grateful.

We wish we could hold you in our arms again.  We wish we could watch you grow up with your brother, but we know you can't.  Instead, we thank you for all that you have given us, all that you have taught us, and for all you have done to touch our lives forever. 

 Even now, four months later, every time I see a picture of you my heart skips a beat.  It immediately aches for you- to hold you and kiss you.  And every time I see a picture I remember how much I love you and how much joy you gave us in those very short 43 hours.

I don't know what else to say besides I love you.  I love you so very much.  Forever you will be my first baby.  Forever you will be Colby's big brother.  For ever you will be loved and remembered with a smile.

I love you so much, Connor, and I am so very thankful for the time I had with you.  

Love forever, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment